Friday, June 25, 2010

I'll Still Be Your Boyfriend if You'll Be My Girlfriend. . .

Jake and i were relaxing, watching a movie and cuddling on the couch the other night, when out of no where i burst into tears. . .

J- "Jen? Are you okay? What is wrong?"
Me- nothing. I was crying so hard I could hardly speak.
J-"Are you sad we are having a baby?"
Me- "No!"
J- " Then what is wrong?"
Me- " We're never going to be able to do this again." This meaning cuddling on the couch, hanging out, just me and him.

Mind you, i was not being very clear through all of my sobs. i was a mess.

J- "Yes we will! Babies do go to bed at night."
Me- "It won't be the same."

By this point i am now sounding more like a walrus rather than a human.

J- "Remember, we will have date nights, we'll get babysitters, and I know that Grandmas and Grandpas love to watch their grand kids."
Me-Sobs

And for my very favorite part. . . .

J-"Jen, i'll still be your boyfriend if you'll be my girlfriend?"
Me- "Okay"
Isn't that the sweetest thing you have ever heard?


I am sorry to say that tears did run down my cheeks every half hour or so until we went to bed. I blame it on the hormones.

Jake and I are so excited, and feel very blessed, to be parents. We can hardly wait until we finally get to meet our little man! I know that we will be happier than we could ever imagine and won't even want to think about how life would be without him.

We have had so much fun the last two years and I will miss this stage in our lives. I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband who puts up with my crazy crying episodes and who loves me so much!


Here's to being Boyfriend & Girlfriend forever.

3 comments:

  1. This was one of the CUTEST things I've ever read. You two are going to be such AMAZING parents, and your little man is going to be SO CUTE! I'm so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!! I can't tell you how many times I did this very thing. I would just cry and cry the rest of the night. We would be sitting there, just as you two were, watching a movie or t.v. and I'd start crying saying that once that baby comes out, it will be totally different around here and it won't be the same. I can tell you, it is totally different, but in a totally amazing, wonderful way. I am SO excited for your little guy to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! You two are so dang cute.

    ReplyDelete